Soft, moist and absolutely easy… this gluten-free banana bread, made with rice flour, it quickly became my favorite breakfast cake. And not just for breakfast… To be honest I ate one or two slices even after dinner, when I often need something sweet.
This gluten-free banana bread is also dairy-free and it’s a perfect dessert for both lactose intolerant and gluten intolerant. If you want to make gluten-free banana bread you just need a bowl, a fork and a spoon. No electric whisk, no blender of any kind… as simple as that! Just remember to use ripe bananas 😉
Video recipe of the day
- CostVery cheap
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time50 Minutes
- Serving12 servings
- Cooking methodOven
- Power 238,17 (Kcal)
- Carbohydrates 34,87 (g) of which sugars 16,64 (g)
- Proteins 2,71 (g)
- Fat 10,92 (g) of which saturated 1,66 (g)of which unsaturated 8,66 (g)
- Fibers 1,18 (g)
- Sodium 113,91 (mg)
Indicative values for a portion of 60 g processed in an automated way starting from the nutritional information available on the CREA* and FoodData Central** databases. It is not food and / or nutritional advice.
* CREATES Food and Nutrition Research Center: https://www.crea.gov.it/alimenti-e-nutrizione https://www.alimentinutrizione.it ** U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. FoodData Central, 2019. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov
Ingredients for gluten-free banana bread (12 servings)
- 3bananas (ripe; 350 g/12 oz pulp)
- 1/2 cupcorn oil (125 ml)
- 2 cupsrice flour (220 g/8 oz)
- 3/4 cupsugar (150 g/5 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoonbaking powder (8 g/0,3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoonsalt
- 1/4 teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/2 teaspooncinnamon powder
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Fork
- 1 Tablespoon
- 1 loaf pan (10×24 cm / 4×10 inch.)
- Baking paper
How to make dairy-free and gluten-free banana bread
Step 1. Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Mash them with a fork until creamy.
Step 2. Shell the eggs in the bowl and mix them quickly with a spoon. Add mashed bananas and mix well. Then add oil and sugar. Mix with a spoon and also add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until you get a smooth dough.
Step 3. Line a loaf pan with baking paper, then pour the gluten-free banana bread dough into it. Bake at 338 °F (170 ° C) for 50 minutes/1 hour. Take the gluten-free banana bread out of the oven and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Serve the gluten-free banana bread warm or cold.
Qui puoi trovare la versione in italiano di questa ricetta!
Tips and variations
The gluten and dairy-free banana bread remains soft for 3-4 days at room temperature.
This is a basic version of gluten-free banana bread, which you can make special in many different ways. You can add chopped pecans (about 3 oz/80 g), chopped walnuts (3 oz/80 g) or chocolate chips (3 oz/80 g).