There are beautiful pumpkins this season.
I love this vegetable because it is good but also beautiful for decoration.
Perfect for creating hallowen lamp. However, it is necessary to empty.
I have found so many ways to use pumpkin pulp, but my favorite is PUMPKIN HUMMUS.
Hummus is a very versatile Middle Eastern preparation perfect for buffets and aperitifs.
Accompanying with fresh vegetables or spreading on toasted bread becomes irresistible.
You ould also prepare it with different vegetables:
Pumpkin hummus, with its bright orange color and delicate flavor, will conquer all your guests.
Video recipe of the day
- DifficultyVery easy
- Preparation time15 Minutes
- Cooking time15 Minutes
- Serving6/8 portions
- CuisineMiddle Eastern
- Power 139,76 (Kcal)
- Carbohydrates 6,32 (g) of which sugars 1,88 (g)
- Proteins 2,77 (g)
- Fat 12,48 (g) of which saturated 1,80 (g)of which unsaturated 10,11 (g)
- Fibers 1,18 (g)
- Sodium 370,56 (mg)
Indicative values for a portion of 80 g processed in an automated way starting from the nutritional information available on the CREA* and FoodData Central** databases. It is not food and / or nutritional advice.
* CREATES Food and Nutrition Research Center: https://www.crea.gov.it/alimenti-e-nutrizione https://www.alimentinutrizione.it ** U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. FoodData Central, 2019. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov
- 15 ouncespumpkin
- 2 tablespoonstahini sauce
- 1 teaspooncumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoonsalt
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 2 tablespoonslemon juice (fresh)
- q.s.black pepper (grownd)
- 1 clovegarlic (chopped)
- q.s.pumpkin seed (toasted )
- 1 pinchparsley (fresh chopped )
Remove the skin from the pumpkin and cut it into small cubes.
Cook the pumpkin in a pan with a knob of butter for 10 minutes or bake it in the oven without butter for about 20 minutes at 400°F.
Put the pumpkin in a bowl together with the tahini, lemon juice, cumin powder, olive oil, salt, pepper and a clove of garlic.
Mix with an immersion blender until blended and smooth.
Pour the hummus into a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and toasted pumpkin seeds.
Serve with toasted pita bread.
It can be kept in the fridge for a maximum of 3 days. It is not suitable for freezing
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/ciacookitalianabroad/
Try Savory PUMPKIN CAKE!